This topic contains information about enhancements in version 21.02 of BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic
BMC Helix Innovation Suite delivered as phased rollout for early adopters
Service Management applications now run on BMC Helix Innovation Suite. With the new BMC Helix Innovation Suite, we bring together the capabilities of Action Request System and BMC Helix Innovation Studio. This change accelerates our ability to deliver innovations to our customers. The new architecture uses fewer resources and improves integration between components.
Initially, distribution of this release will be available only to early adopters as a phased rollout followed by a full distribution.
BMC Helix Innovation Suite provides:
A single-tenant common platform for Service Management applications.
- A shared database between Action Request System and BMC Helix Innovation Studio.
- Common Foundation data for applications that run on the BMC Helix Innovation Suite.
- The ability to interoperate between Action Request System and BMC Helix Innovation Studio. For example, in Action Request System, you can call a process that is defined by using BMC Helix Innovation Studio. The process is called by triggering a filter written in Developer Studio.
For more information, see .
Product name changes in Remedy platform, Remedy ITSM, and BMC Helix Platform applications
Consult the following tables for changes to the product and component names starting with version 21.02.
While the product names have changed in 21.02, some instances in the product UI and product documentation still refer to the previous product name.
Remedy platform and ITSM applications
Version 20.08 and earlier
Version 21.02 and later
Remedy AR System (Remedy AR System)
Remedy IT Service Management Suite (Remedy ITSM)
|Remedy with Smart IT|
|Remedy Smart Reporting|
|Remedy Change Management|
|Remedy Knowledge Management|
Remedy Asset Management
Remedy Service Desk
Remedy Single Sign-On
BMC Helix Platform and applications
Version 20.08 and earlier
Version 21.02 and later
BMC Helix Platform
BMC Helix Chatbot
Revamped multifunctional user interface for creating and managing broadcasts
BMC Helix Digital Workplace administrators can use an extended list of tools to work with broadcasts by using a completely redesigned user interface:
- Manage as many broadcasts as you want on the enhanced page in the BMC Helix Digital Workplace console
- Create broadcasts of different types depending on the message that you want to share with users (information, success, warning, critical)
- Track the broadcast's status by new labels (Active, Starting soon, Scheduled, Inactive)
- Add more information for end users through the Learn more link that is visible in the feed and in-app notifications
- Send broadcasts immediately or schedule them to become live at a certain time
- Duplicate broadcasts to save time by using existing templates
For more information about broadcasts, see Creating broadcasts.
Display of the User ID field and configuration of end-user details display settings
BMC Helix Digital Workplace administrator can now select which user information will be displayed in the results of a People search, requests, and approvals. The administrator can also configure the visibility of a new User ID field. In earlier versions of BMC Helix Digital Workplace, work email and work phone (if specified by the user in preferences) as well as mail stop (if specified in Remedy IT Service Management) were always available for other users.
The following image shows the available end-user information display options by using the Global search panel results as an example:
The following table illustrates the ability to display the User ID by using the Global search panel results as an example:
For more information about user details availability, see Configuring end user display settings.
Additional status filters for events
BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog end users can filter Active and Past events by status and type, and they can select several options or combine them. In previous versions of BMC Helix Digital Workplace, end users could filter Active events only by type and date and Past events only by status and date.
For more information about filtering options, see Search in BMC Helix Digital Workplace.
Updated action button icons for requests and approvals
The icons of the following action buttons have been updated in the BMC Helix Digital Workplace end user console:
For more information about requests and approvals, see Business request processing.
Deprecation of support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
As , support for Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 is now deprecated. We encourage you to switch to other fully supported browsers listed for BMC Helix Digital Workplace in the BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility utility.
For a complete list of BMC products that no longer support Internet Explorer 11, see the .