Making configuration changes to integrated applications
You can change the settings that BMC Digital Workplace uses to connect to the following applications:
- BMC Service Request Management
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM, the enterprise application)
- BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System, dedicated to the BMC Digital Workplace application)
If you are installing in a cluster, specify the BMC Remedy AR System server that is enabled as the administration server. Do not specify the cluster load balancer.
To configure connection settings to related applications (providers)
A BMC Digital Workplace administrator can configure the connection to any of the providers in the List of providers. For example, the LDAP provider allows administrators to send broadcasts to groups defined in LDAP. To make this integration work, you must update the configuration settings with the applicable parameters, such as a service password, host name, and port number.
- From the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console (http://server:port/dwp/admin), select Configuration.
- In the Providers table, click the cell related to the application that you want to configure.
- Depending on the application, change the host settings, port, or URL, or simply connect to or disconnect from the application.
When editing a field value, such as a URL, press Enter to save the change.
When you have completed your changes, click Reload providers.
The Advanced tab is used to isolate performance issues and to use the BMC Remedy ITSM private queue. Use this tab only if BMC Professional Services or Support directs you to do so.