If they cannot approve business requests for some reason, end users who are assigned to approve requests can reassign those requests to other users.
Before you begin
To allow end users to reassign approval of business requests, an administrator must enable the feature on the Approval server. For more information, see Enabling end user features.
Scenarios for reassigning approvals
- Allen has just become a manager in the department of analysts. Kate is an analyst in this department, and she is planning to have a PTO in two weeks. She creates a PTO approval request in BMC Digital Workplace. Allen receives the approval request from Kate, but he is not sure if he can approve this request, so he decides to send the approval to his manager.
- Allen receives an approval request from Jason, Allen's subordinate. Jason requests an expensive laptop, and Allen is not sure if he can approve the request. Allen reassigns the approval to Mary, Allen's supervisor.
The following video (3:34) shows how to reassign approvals in BMC Digital Workplace:
Supported types of approvals
Reassigning approvals is supported for all types of requests except for delegated approvals. The business requests automatically delegated to alternate approvers cannot be reassigned to other approvers.
To reassign business approvals
End users can reassign their approvals as follows:
- Reassign an approval from the Active events page:
- Reassign an approval from the service request Details page:
- Reassign an approval from the bell notification view:
When an end user selects Reassign approval, the request is updated in the list of requests:
When the end user refreshes the My Activity page, the approval request disappears from the Active events list. The original approver who has reassigned an approval request to another user is no longer involved in processing of the approval request, and does not have access to it.