Installing components for hybrid deployment
Hybrid deployment refers to using BMC Digital Workplace in the cloud together with your BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) server on premises. Optionally, you can install BMC Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT) on premises. BMC uses the Kaazing Gateway client and server to enable bidirectional communication between the BMC cloud and your on-premises server.
Before you begin
You must have BMC Remedy ITSM installed on premises. The system requirements indicates which version of BMC Remedy ITSM is compatible with the current version of BMC Digital Workplace. Instructions for installing BMC Remedy ITSM are available in the documentation.
The BMC Digital Workplace OnDemand operations team must provide you with the server and port to which you will connect your Kaazing Client Gateway.
Make sure that you have a Windows or Linux server with the following requirements to act as your Kaazing Gateway client:
|Memory||4 GB or greater|
Any of the following options:
|Java||Version 8 or later, 64 bit|
To install and configure the Kaazing Gateway Client
- Download the gateway from .
- Unzip the gateway archive.
- Open Path\Gateway\conf\gateway-config.xml in a text editor, and change the values for gateway.hostname and gateway.port to the end point indicated by the BMC Digital Workplace Cloud operations team.
- Start Kaazing Gateway Client by running Path\bin\gateway.start.
- Check the log files in Path\Gateway\log for error messages.
After you install and configure the Kaazing Gateway Client, let the BMC Digital Workplace Cloud operations team know that the gateway is configured. The BMC Digital Workplace Cloud operations team configures cloud components and verifies the connection.
To verify hybrid deployment configuration
After the BMC Digital Workplace OnDemand operations team completes their configuration, you can perform the following steps to verify the hybrid configuration:
- Log in to the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console.
- Add a service request to the Catalog, as described in Setting up sections in the Catalog.
- Select a service request from your BMC Remedy ITSM server.
- Log in to the BMC Digital Workplace end user console.
- Request an item from the Catalog.
Check the log files in Path\Gateway\log for error messages.
Where to go from here
If you have not yet planned your configuration, complete the Planning worksheets.
If you have planned your configuration, complete your configuration, as described in Configuring after installation of BMC Digital Workplace.