Customizing the user interface text for BMC Digital Workplace
As a BMC Digital Workplace administrator, you can customize the user interface text that appears in the BMC Digital Workplace end user console, as well as labels, buttons, and tabs. For example, you can change the title of the Contact IT button.
To customize the user interface text
In the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console, go to Configuration > Label Customizations.
For each customization task, the value for the default locale be specified before you can add values for other locales.
Enter the text for the default locale and all locales that your users might use. If the device has no text defined for the locale or no specific locale has been selected, the user’s device shows the default text. For example, users with a specified locale of English see the text for English. However, users with a specified locale of Hindi see the default text, because Hindi is not a supported locale. To see the list of all supported languages and locales, go to Supported languages and locales.
Perform one or more of the following customization tasks:
Task Steps Customization example To change the Contact IT and Browse categories labels
- Click the Catalog tab.
- From the Select Locale list, select the locale for which you want to update the labels.
- To change the Contact IT label, enter a new name in the Contact IT button field.
- To change the Browse categories label, enter a new name in the Category name field.
- Click Save.
The following is an example of the customized Contact IT label:
The following is an example of the customized Browse categories label:
To change the names of the global search filters and the default text displayed for the global search
- Click the Global search tab.
From the Select locale list, select the locale for which you want to apply the changes.
- To change the default text displayed for the global search, in the Placeholder field, enter new text.
- To change the names of the global search filters, in the Results filter tabs section, enter new text for the following fields:
- Filter name for Catalog items
- Filter name for Knowledge articles
- Click Save.
After you save the changes, end users of the selected locale can see the renamed tabs in their global search results page as follows:
After you save the changes, end users of the selected locale can see the customized text in the global search field of BMC Digital Workplace, as shown in the following illustration:
Where to go from here
To localize the names of the categories, see Localizing titles and messages.