19.02.01: Patch 01
This section contains information about updates in version 19.02 Patch 01 of BMC Digital Workplace.
This section contains information about enhancements in version 19.02 Patch 01 of BMC Digital Workplace.
Control features available to your end users
Use the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console to enable or disable the following features for your end users:
- Approver Details
- In-app Notifications
- Notification Settings for Requests
- Priority Label for Requests/Approvals
- Reopen Request
- Request Again
- Sign Out
For more information, Enabling end user features.
Add a privacy note for your end users
BMC Digital Workplace provides the infrastructure required to create a privacy notice for your end users. Use this notice to share details about the cookies used by BMC Digital Workplace, and other user data that you plan to collect and/or analyze. For more information, see Adding a privacy notice for your end users.
Downloading the patch
The installation and upgrade files for version 19.02 are no longer available for download. We recommend that you install a more recent version of BMC Digital Workplace. For details on contacting support, see Support information.
To view the most recent version and support status for this release, see the BMC Digital Workplace Basic Support page.
To apply the BMC Digital Workplace patch
- Stop the DWP service.
- Backup your existing data. To do so, follow these steps:
- Copy the provider directory under DWP Tomcat install location \external-conf\dwp
- Copy the folder dwp from the BMC Digital Workplace install location \DWP\DWP
- Apply the common artifacts. Make updates to the following:
- Delete the provider directory under BMC Digital Workplace Tomcat install location \external-conf\dwp
- Create a folder named ‘provider’.
- Extract provider.zip into the BMC Digital Workplace Tomcat install location \external-conf\dwp\provider
- Delete the dwp folder from BMC Digital Workplace install location \DWP\DWP
- Create a folder named ‘dwp’.
Extract dwp.zip into \DWP\DWP\dwp
If you are using BMC Digital Workplace with basic licensing:
- Navigate to DWP\DWP\dwp
- Delete the admin folder
- Rename the admin_base folder (the second folder) to admin
- Start the DWP service.