This topic offers troubleshooting tips for BMC Digital Workplace issues. See the Related topics for additional troubleshooting topics.
When viewing a profile, the Availability status shows only the availability for the next 24 hours
This feature works as designed for performance reasons.
Issue with a connection to the AR System server or SMTP
Review and correct the connection issue as described in Making configuration changes to integrated applications and List of providers. Then restart the BMC Digital Workplace server.
Changing Tomcat port
To change the port, follow the instructions in Modifying ports for BMC Digital Workplace.
BMC Digital Workplace and BMC Digital Workplace Catalog do not start after a Java upgrade
If you upgrade Java, BMC Digital Workplace and BMC Digital Workplace Catalog might not start. You must update the path to the new location for Java.
On a Microsoft Windows server, to update the location for Java, perform the following steps:
- Run the Regedit application.
- Open one of the following folders:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\DWPTomcat\Parameters\Java—If you are upgrading from 18.05 and later version, or if you are performing a fresh installation.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\SmartITMyITTomcat8\Parameters\Java—If you are upgrading from version 18.02 and earlier versions.
- Change the JVM path to the location where you installed the most recent version of Java.
You must also update the Java version in all the files. For more information, see .