BMC Digital Workplace Basic 18.08
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 20.08
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 20.02
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 19.11
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 19.08
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 19.05
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 19.02
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 18.11
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 18.08
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 18.05
- BMC Digital Workplace Basic 18.02
This section provides information about what is new or changed in this space, including urgent issues, documentation updates, service packs, and patches.
To stay informed of changes to this list, click the icon on the top of this page .
|September 30. 2019||Critical Remote Code Execution vulnerability in BMC Digital Workplace|
Flash notification that describes how to fix an unauthenticated Remote Code Execution security vulnerability in BMC Digital Workplace.
|September 7, 2018||18.08.00 enhancements|
The 18.08.00 release provides enhancements in the following areas:
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Planning your installation and implementation
Performing the installation
Performing the upgrade
Rebranding and deploying clients
Common issues, error messages, logs, and contacting Support
Features for end users
Creating catalog sections, service categories, services,
Enabling self-service features in your ornanization
Integrations with other products
General administrative tasks
This topic describes and links to PDFs and videos that support this product release. If the ready-made PDFs of this space do not satisfy your requirements, you can export a custom PDF.
You can create a custom PDF for a specific topic, a topic and its children, or a group of topics with a specific label. For information about how you can export a custom PDF from this space, see Exporting to PDF and other formats.
Videos are available in the following areas:
Getting started videos
The following topics in the Getting started section contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation:
The following topics in the Installing BMC Digital Workplace
sections contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation:
Client deployment videos
The following topics in the Deploying clients section contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation:
The following topics in the Integrating section contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation:
The following topics in the Administering section contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation:
The following topics in the Troubleshooting section contain videos that supplement or replace the text-based documentation:
This topic provides information that supplements the BMC Digital Workplace documentation.
Frequently asked questions about BMC Digital Workplace for all users
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about BMC Digital Workplace.
BMC Digital Workplace includes mobile and desktop client applications that enable employees to interact with their IT and HR departments efficiently and "in the moment." You can find details about BMC Digital Workplace capabilities in Use cases.
BMC Digital Workplace is aimed at consumers of IT or other services, while BMC Remedy IT Service Management (ITSM) is aimed at staff members delivering or supporting IT or other services. Both BMC Digital Workplace and BMC Remedy ITSM offer mobility UI options. For BMC Remedy ITSM, mobility was, in the past, delivered via BMC Mobility products, but it is now delivered via BMC Remedy with Smart IT.
BMC Digital Workplace is aimed at consumers of IT or other services. Remedy with Smart IT is the new user experience for BMC Remedy ITSM, which is aimed at staff members delivering or supporting IT or other services. Both of them share the same installer and technology infrastructure, but the solutions can be enabled and used independently. For best results in service management, the use of both components is recommended. BMC Digital Workplace has specific user licenses, whereas Smart IT is licensed via standard BMC Remedy ITSM user licenses.
You have a number of options to change the terminology, to rebrand BMC Digital Workplace, and to customize icons. For details, see:
You can, as an administrator, manually update the status of any asset. "Down" printers are shown as red icons, for example, instead of green. Future releases will automatically update status icons of assets on maps.
This is by design. Only requests with Open status are displayed on the Request Timeline. If a request has been set to cancel or closed, they are removed from the Requests view. To view additional requests, click the filter icon and select additional status values.
The email conversation between support staff and an end user is not stored in the BMC Digital Workplace activity feed history. These conversations are stored only in fulfillment records such as incidents and work orders.
- MultiExcerpt named 'languages' was not found
For information about which clients and consoles are localized, see Supported languages and locales. For more information about localizing content in BMC Digital Workplace, see the Localizing titles and messages.
No, BMC Digital Workplace does not replace BMC Service Request Management. Instead, it adds value to the solution. BMC Service Request Management comprises a service catalog to publish services, a workflow engine to process requests, and a self-service portal to request services. BMC Digital Workplace replaces the current self-service portal, which customers can still access if they choose to.
One set of users can use BMC Digital Workplace, and another set can use BMC Service Request Management, which is comprised of a service catalog to publish services, a workflow engine to process requests, and a self-service portal to request services. You can configure BMC Digital Workplace to use the same service request definitions (SRDs).
As of today, your users can use the BMC Service Request Management self-service portal and BMC Digital Workplace. However, you can replace the self-service portal with BMC Digital Workplace.
Anyone accessing BMC Digital Workplace requires a People profile with a minimum of a Read license and a Remedy Login ID.
One. Only BMC Remedy Incident Management uses the floating license. BMC Digital Workplace does not have floating licenses.
No, BMC Digital Workplace supports Microsoft Exchange only.
No, BMC Digital Workplace does not check for licenses. However, you can run a report to review usage, as described in Reviewing active users.
Frequently asked questions about BMC Digital Workplace Cloud and BMC Remedy OnDemand
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) about BMC Digital Workplace used in BMC Remedy OnDemand environments.
BMC Digital Workplace will run on servers different from your BMC Remedy OnDemand servers.
Yes. The BMC Remedy AR System API is always automatically encrypted.
You will use a different URL.
Yes, users can be logged on to both at the same time.
If it works using BMC Remedy Single Sign-On with BMC Remedy Mid Tier, it will also work with BMC Digital Workplace. BMC does not do anything special beyond how it works with BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
It is a shared cluster sized for many customers. No specific provisioning of resources is required per customer. The environment is monitored and sized for growth.
Frequently asked questions about Support tab deprecation
Yes, you can continue to use the Support tab, only if you enabled and configured it prior to the upgrade. If you disable the Support tab before upgrading to MyIT 3.3, there will be no way to enable or configure it again.
This tab will be removed when you upgrade to the version subsequent to 18.08.
No, if you installed BMC Digital Workplace 3.3.02 for the first time, you cannot implement the Support tab. BMC highly recommends that you evaluate the broad capabilities and options provided by the Catalog and start providing these enhanced features to your end users.
The Catalog provides the additional capabilities not found on the Support tab:
- Sections to promote top-requested items or content that needs to be more visible
- Sections to include items from entire categories or a custom range of selected items
- Detailed discovery through standard, tree-based lists for categories
- Data collected from various sources, such as Service Request Definitions from BMC Service Request Management; knowledge articles from BMC Knowledge Management; HR requests, how-to items and quick links from BMC HR Case Management, and other sources
- With BMC Digital Workplace Advanced, you can manage an enriched catalog in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog. The enriched catalog provides additional capabilities, such as promotional banners, rich media in catalog profiles, and shopping cart.
In addition, the Catalog is easily configurable. An administrator can set up the sections in Catalog and configure their look and feel. For more information, see Setting up sections in the Catalog.
Related documentation spaces
- BMC CMDB 18.08
- Remedy Knowledge Management 18.08
- BMC Multi-Cloud Service Management 18.05
- Remedy Action Request System 18.08
- Remedy IT Service Management Suite 18.08
- BMC Remedy with Smart IT 18.08
- BMC Service Level Management 18.08
- BMC Service Request Management 18.08
- BMC TrueSight Operations Management 11.0
- Remedy Single Sign-On 18.08
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside the BMC Digital Workplace documentation that you might find helpful:
- MyIT Digital Workplace Product Support
- Digital Workplace community
- BMC Support Knowledge Base search filtered by BMC Digital Workplace(requires login)
- MyIT Digital Workplace learning path
- Digital Workplace acceleration education offering
- Digital transformation consulting services
- Digital Workplace information on www.bmc.com
The following are the most recent official documents on the Digital Workplace community: