Disabling duplicate notifications for satisfaction surveys
When a service request or an HR request is completed, BMC Digital Workplace users receive duplicate survey notifications if all the following notifications are enabled:
- Survey notifications in end users' BMC Digital Workplace profiles
- Survey notifications in BMC Service Request Management and BMC HR Case Management
To avoid duplicate notifications, you can disable the notifications sent from from BMC Service Request Management and BMC HR Case Management.
After you perform follow this procedure, end users will receive survey notifications only in BMC Digital Workplace.
Before you begin
- (For BMC Service Request Management notifications) Ensure that you can access and modify records in the SYS:Notification Messages form.
- (For BMC HR Case Management notifications) Ensure that you can access BMC Remedy Developer Studio and modify filters.
To disable duplicate survey notifications sent from BMC Service Request Management
- In the SYS:Notification Messages form, locate the record where the value of Notification Message Tag is SRM:SRV:IndividualSurveyMessage_New.
- Update this value to any value other than SRM:SRV:IndividualSurveyMessage_New.
To disable duplicate survey notifications sent from BMC HR Case Management
This method disables duplicate survey notifications for the following types of BMC HR Case Management configurations:
- BMC HR Case Management and BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) on the same BMC Remedy Action Request System server (BMC Remedy AR System server)
- BMC HR Case Management and BMC Remedy ITSM on different BMC Remedy AR System servers
- BMC HR Case Management only
- Log in to BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Disable the following filters: