Analytics tracking helps BMC improve the experience and performance of BMC Digital Workplace, as well as drive product direction. BMC collects analytics tracking data from customers using BMC Digital Workplace Cloud who do not opt out.
Individuals are not identified and BMC does not collect any personal information. All data is anonymized; however, companies can be identified.
BMC tracks the following events and information:
- When users log in and out of BMC Digital Workplace . Individuals cannot be identified.
- Features that are enabled (Catalog, News Feed, and Support tabs).
- The landing page that is configured.
- Where users click in the user interface. This information includes which parts of the application are accessed, such as the Catalog, News Feed, Settings, and shopping cart. This information also includes data that might be specific to your environment, such as the name of a catalog item that was selected. Additional information related to the item clicked is also tracked, such as the source of a catalog item (BMC Service Request Management, BMC Digital Workplace Catalog, BMC HR Case Management, and so on), whether the user is entitled to the catalog item, whether a catalog item is part of a bundle, and the cost of the item.
- Each time that the Catalog is loaded, along with the number of sections and the section names.
This information is available only to people at BMC who can use this data to shape product direction, such as product management and the user experience team.
You can opt out of analytics tracking (or resume participating in analytics tracking) from the BMC Digital WorkplaceAdmin console at More > Configuration > Analytics. Performance is not affected by analytics tracking. By default, analytics tracking is enabled.