|Stage||Tasks||Where to find details|
|Prerequisite for BMC HR Case Management server|
BMC HR Case Management can be installed on either the same server with BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) or on a separate server. The BMC HR Case Management server requires BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) 9.1.
If you have separate servers, the Application Service Password must be the same for both servers. Otherwise, users will not be able to login to BMC HR Case Management.
Installing in the BMC Remedy ITSM Suite deployment documentation
Resetting the Application Service password in the BMC Remedy AR System documentation
- Install BMC HR Case Management.
BMC HR Case Management 4.7 must be installed on a BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) 9.1.00.001 or later server.
As part of installation, you are prompted for the HR Case Management master account. The installer creates this account on the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- If you you have not yet installed BMC Digital Workplace, install BMC Digital Workplace.
As part of installation, you are prompted for the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- If you have separate servers for BMC Remedy ITSM and for BMC HR Case Management, select the server that has BMC Remedy ITSM installed. Note that the BMC Remedy ITSM server must already have the ITSM integration patch installed.
- If you have BMC HR Case Management installed on same AR System server as BMC Remedy ITSM, the BMC Digital Workplace installer automatically detects BMC HR Case Management and integrates with it.
- If you installed BMC Digital Workplace prior to BMC HR Case Management, or if you upgraded from an earlier version of BMC Digital Workplace, you must configure the connection to BMC HR Case Management.
- From the BMC Digital Workplace Admin, select Configuration.
- Enable the two BMC HR Case Management providers: HRCM - service catalog pluggable provider and HRCM - knowledge pluggable provider.
- For both BMC HR Case Management providers, enter the host name, port, and password.
- Reload the providers.
Ensure that HR Case - User Details pluggable provider and User Details pluggable provider are not simultaneously enabled. If you have installed BMC Digital Workplace with only BMC HR Case Management, enable HR Case - User Details pluggable provider. For all other installation scenarios, enable User Details pluggable provider.
- Add the MyIT Admin group to the HR Case Management master users, as well as to MyIT administrators.
- (Optional) Install and configure Remedy Single Sign On.
When you configure single sign on, users do not have to login multiple times. If you do not configure single sign on, when BMC Digital Workplace users access an e-Form (from BMC HR Case Management) or an AIF (from BMC Service Request Management), they will be prompted to login again.
|Configuration and administration|
- (Optional) Create sections in the Catalog.
- Add HR solutions and knowledge articles to sections in the Catalog.
- HR solutions can include eForms, which replace paper and PDF forms. For eForms to work in BMC Digital Workplace, navigate to MyIT Administration Console > Configuration and select the HRCM - service catalog pluggable provider. In the Provider Settings table, specify the BMC HR Case Management midtier URL in the Midtier URL field, update the settings and reload the providers.
- You can also add sections to the catalog for the most viewed HR solutions and for the most viewed HR articles.
(Optional) Configure HR contacts
- Create users.
If you have separate servers for BMC Remedy ITSM and for BMC HR Case Management, user accounts in the COL:CORE:People form (on the BMC HR Case Management server) must have the same user accounts in the CTM:People form (on the BMC Remedy ITSM server).
When you have both BMC Remedy ITSM and BMC HR Case Management, the profile for users on BMC Digital Workplace comes from the CTM:People form on BMC Remedy ITSM. Accounts on the BMC HR Case Management server are required for self-serve users to open HR cases and to search HR knowledge articles.
If someone has an account on the BMC Remedy ITSM server but not on the BMC HR Case Management server, that person will be able to access only non-HR catalog items. If someone has an account on the BMC HR Case Management server, but not on the BMC Remedy ITSM server, that person will not be able to login to BMC Digital Workplace.
Self-service users use BMC Digital Workplace to search for HR solutions and knowledge articles, and to open HR cases. As part of HR solutions, they can complete eForms, which replace paper and PDF forms.
HR agents use BMC HR Case Management to manage and respond to HR cases.