Installing BMC Digital Workplace on a single server
This topic describes to use the GUI wizard installer to install BMC Digital Workplace on a single server. Other options for performing the installation are described in Performing the BMC Digital Workplace installation.
Before you begin
Complete the steps described in Preparing for installation of Digital Workplace.
To install BMC Digital Workplace on a single server
- Unzip the suite installer (for example, DigitalWorkplacexx.xx.windows.zip or DigitalWorkplacexx.xx.linux.tar.gz – where "xx.xx" represents the version number).
- In the unzipped directory, navigate to the Disk 1 subfolder (for example, DigitalWorkplacexx.xx.windows\windows\DWP\Disk1).
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run setup.exe.
For Linux, run setup.bin.
- On the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review and accept the license agreement, then click Next.
- Review the destination directory and 64-bit JRE path. If either of the paths are not auto-populated, or if you prefer an alternate location, click Browse and navigate to the intended folder. For example:
- C:\Program Files\BMC Software\DWP
- C:\Program Files\Java\jrex.x.x_xxx
- Enter the values from the Installation worksheets for Digital Workplace for the features that you want to install.
After you have entered the required information, the installer validates your input. The Installation Preview panel then appears, listing the product and features that will be installed.
- Click Next.
After post-installation cleanup, a summary of the installation appears.
- Click View Log to review any SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
See whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues. You can view a log file of the installation:
- C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Temp\digital_workplace_install_log.txt (Windows)
- /tmp/digital_workplace_install_log.txt (Linux)
- When you are finished reviewing the log, close it.
- Click Done to exit the installer.