Decreasing traffic load by disabling request attachments
To decrease traffic load, administrators can disable attachments for service requests by customizing service request definitions (SRDs) in BMC Service Request Management. When this setting is applied, the Attachment button is no longer available in the Service Request window of BMC Digital Workplace, and end users cannot add attachments to service requests.
To disable attachments for service requests
- In BMC Service Request Management, open the IT Home Page.
- From the left pane, select Service Request Management > Service Catalog Manager Console.
- Click Console Focus in the left navigation pane, and click Request Definition.
The Request Definition View appears in the Service Catalog Manager Console.
- Perform an SRD search.
For types of searches you can use, see Searching for SRDs in the BMC Service Request Management 9.1 online documentation.
From the list of matching SRD records in the search results table, select a record to modify, and then click View.
- If the SRD is online, click Take Offline.
- In the left navigation pane, click the Functions link and click Show/Hide Fields.
- In the Show/Hide Options window, clear the Attachment check box and click OK.
- In the Service Request Definition window, click Save and then click Turn Online.