Review the following topics
MongoDB 2.6, 3.0.xx and 3.2.xx are the supported versions. BMC recommends that you upgrade to MongoDB 3.2.xx.
If your current environment is using MongoDB 2.4, you must upgrade to the latest version.
When to upgrade
The bundled MongoDB version can only be used for a fresh installation. In an upgrade scenario, the MongoDB is not upgraded automatically by the installer. In an upgrade scenario, you must manually upgrade the MongoDB.
- If your existing MongoDB version is 2.4.x, upgrade the MongoDB as part of the pre-installation activities.
- If your existing MongoDB version is 2.6.x, upgrade the MongoDB as part of the post-installation activities.
To upgrade to Mongo DB 3.2.xx, the following upgrade paths are available
- To upgrade from a version earlier than 2.6, you must first upgrade to 2.6 and then upgrade to 3.0.xx. See in the BMC Remedy with Smart IT online documentation.
- To upgrade from version 2.6, you must first upgrade to version 3.0.xx and then upgrade to version 3.2.xx.
- You can directly upgrade to Mongo DB 3.2.xx from version 3.0.xx.
Upgrade process for different deployments
Depending on you deployment, click on the following links:
|Upgrade MongoDB replica set||You can upgrade from MongoDB 3.0 replica set to 3.2.xx by upgrading the members individually while the other members are available.|
Replica set failover is not instant and will render the set unavailable to accept writes until the failover process completes. This usually takes no more than 3-5 minutes, schedule the upgrade procedure during a scheduled maintenance window.
|Upgrade standalone MongoDB||When you upgrade a standalone MongoDB, the MongoDB server is down during the upgrade process.|
Deploying MongoDB as a replica set for fresh installation.