Modifying Smart IT or Smart IT Social server ports
This section provides instructions to change the Smart IT port or the Smart IT Social server port post installation. You might need to change the ports if you did not specify an open port during installation, or if these ports are in use. These ports are used to connect the web and mobile Smart IT clients to the Smart IT server.
To modify the Smart IT server port number
- Open the Server.xml file available in the Conf folder of the Tomcat installation folder.
Windows example C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat8.0\conf
- Change the port in the Connector parameter. For example, update the following line:
<Connector connectionTimeout="20000" port="9000" protocol="HTTP/1.1" redirectPort="8443" server=" "/>
- Restart the Tomcat server.
- To make the Chat functionality available, update the server port number for the Openfire: in the Openfire data base, update the port number in the provider.auth.authResource line of the OFPROPERTY table.
- Restart Openfire server.
To update the Smart IT server URL
- Open the SHR:SHR_KeyStore form from the BMC Remedy Mid-Tier.
Change the port in the Host Name field. Use the complete host name of the Smart IT server and, if the connection is performed over SSL, make sure that the host name matches with the certificate common name of the Smart IT server.
- Save the form changes.
You do not have to restart the server after changing the port.
To modify the Smart IT Social server port
- Stop the Smart IT Social Service.
- Update the social server port in the <TOMCAT_HOME>\external-conf\connect.properties file with the social.server.port = 9001
- Update the port in the <SOCIAL_SERVER_HOME>\social\config.js file, if it is a local installation.
- Restart the Smart IT Social Service.