Making configuration changes to integrated applications
You can change the settings that MyIT uses to connect to the following applications:
- BMC Service Request Management
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM, the enterprise application)
- BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System, dedicated to the MyIT application)
If you are installing in a server group, specify the BMC Remedy AR System server that is enabled as the administration server. Do not specify the server group load balancer.
To configure connection settings to related applications (providers)
The BMC Atrium CMDB provider allows you to import the content of a shared query from BMC Atrium CMDB into MyIT. To make this integration work, you must update the configuration settings with the BMC Remedy AR System application service password, host name, and port number.
- From the MyIT Administration Console (http://BMCMyITserver:port/ux/admin), select More > Configuration.
- In the Providers table, click the cell related to the application that you want to configure.
For more information about each provider, see List of providers.
- Depending on the application, change the host settings, port, or URL, or simply connect to or disconnect from the application.
When editing a field value, such as a URL, press Enter to save the change.
- When you have completed your changes, click Reload providers.
The Advanced tab is used to isolate performance issues and to use the BMC Remedy ITSM private queue. Use this tab only if BMC Professional Services or Support directs you to do so.