This topic offers troubleshooting tips for the following MyIT issues:
When viewing a profile, the Availability status shows only the availability for the next 24 hours
This feature works as designed for performance reasons.
Issue with a connection to the AR System server or SMTP
Review and correct the connection issue as described in Making configuration changes to integrated applications and List of providers. Then restart the MyIT server.
Search does not show expected results
Stop words can affect search results, because stop words are ignored during search. To check the stop words used by MyIT, perform the following steps:
- On your MyIT server, navigate to myitInstallationFolder/ux/WEB-INF/lib where myitInstallationFolder is the location that MyIT was installed.
- Copy myit-server-version.jar to myit-server-version.zip where version is the version of MyIT.
- Extract the zip archive or navigate within the zip archive.
- Navigate to com/bmc/bsm/myit/stopwords/.
The files in this directory are stop words for the indicated locale. For example, stopwords_fr.txt contains the stop words for French.
Although you can view the stop words, BMC does not support changing the stop words.
Browse Categories selection is not displayed in the Catalog menu
This issue is a symptom that MyIT Service Broker has been enabled, but not fully configured.
If you not have a license for MyIT Service Broker, in the MyIT Administration Console, select More > Configuration and make sure that Service Broker is disabled.
If you have a license for MyIT Service Broker, complete the integration, as described in Enabling and configuring the enhanced catalog.
Changing Tomcat port
To change the port, follow the instructions in Modifying Smart IT or Smart IT Social server ports.
MyIT does not restart after a Java upgrade
If you upgrade Java as part of your MyIT upgrade, MyIT might not start. You must either update the path to the new location for Java, or copy the Java files to the previous location.
On a Microsoft Windows server, to update the location for Java, perform the following steps:
- Run the Regedit application.
- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Apache Software Foundation\Procrun 2.0\SmartITMyITTomcat8\Parameters\Java.
- Change the JVM path to the location where you installed the most recent version of Java.