Setting up phone contacts and the Contact IT button
You can configure the Contact IT button and contact information for key departments or personnel in your company. This enables your users to get help by contacting IT.
In the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console, enter contact information for key departments or personnel in your IT resource pool as described in this topic.
The Contact IT button is displayed on the Catalog page of the BMC Digital Workplace:
To configure the Contact IT button
- To enable or disable the Contact IT button, select or clear the check box next to it:
The change is immediate. The button will be either available to clients or invisible.
- (Optional) Change the label text of the Contact IT button.
For details about how to change the label, see Customizing the user interface text for BMC Digital Workplace.
To create phone contacts
- Select the type of support contact.
- For the selected category, enter a staff member's contact information.
- Enter the URL of your company's Help page, and a custom message to appear on the contact page.
End users can view contact numbers and your company's website when they click the Contact IT button as shown in the following image: