Setting the default service request definitions for BMC Digital Workplace
If you use BMC Service Request Management to process requests and incidents submitted by BMC Digital Workplace users, you must create a series of service request definitions (SRDs) specifically for use with BMC Digital Workplace.
Before you begin
Create the SRDs that you will use for the defaults SRDs. You configure SRDs in the BMC Service Request Management Console, as described in in the BMC Service Request Management 9.1 online documentation.
To set the default service request definitions
- From the BMC Administration Console (http://server:port/dwp/admin), select the Service Requests tab, and select Default Service Request.
- From the Default Service Request tab, assign SRDs to three different defaults:
- Default Service Request — Used when creating asset actions and service actions. When you set the action's Type field to Default request, the SRD assigned as the Default Service Request is used. If a default request is set for an asset or service, the user sees the action button in the profile of the service or asset. The user can click the action button to create a request.
- Default Request SRD — Used when appointments are set to create service requests, the Default Request SRD is also used when a user creates an appointment.
- Default Incident SRD — Used when appointments are set to create incidents, the Default Incident SRD is used when a user creates an appointment.
SRDs specifically for use with BMC Digital Workplace can contain of any number of fields, and each field may be set with a default value. However, the Superbox simplifies request entry. From the Superbox, when BMC Digital Workplace triggers a SRD, BMC Digital Workplace can populate only one required field. For the Default Request SRD and the Default Incident SRD, only one of the fields in the SRD can be set as a required field.
Where to go from here
Check the Configuration example for additional areas that you might configure.