Customizing the user interface text for BMC Digital Workplace
As a BMC Digital Workplace administrator, you can customize the user interface text that appears in your users' BMC Digital Workplace application, as well as labels, buttons, and tabs. For example, you can change the title of the Contact IT button.
To customize the user interface text
In the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console, select Configuration, and then click Label Customizations.
For each customization task, you must have the value for the default locale specified before you can add values for other locales.
Enter the text for the default locale and all locales that your users might use. The default text is shown on the user’s device if the device has no text defined for the locale or no specific locale has been selected. For example, users with a specified locale of English see the text for English. However, users with a specified locale of Hindi see the default text, because Hindi is not a supported locale. To see the list of all supported languages and locales, go to Supported languages and locales
Perform one or more of the following customization tasks:
Task Description Customization example To update the instructions for the Description field in the Appointment dialog box
- Click the Appointments tab.
- In the Description/Instructions locale field, select the locale for which you are updating the default text.
- In the Description/Instructions field, enter the instructions for your users.
- Click Save.
The following image shows an example of instructions that have been updated in the description field:
To change the labels of the buttons on the Catalog tab and the Browse categories label
- Click the Catalog tab.
- In the Select Locale field, select the locale for which you want to apply the changes.
- Enter the new labels for the following buttons:
- Contact IT button
- To change the Browse categories label, enter a new name in the Category name field.
- Click Save.
The following is an example of the button names displayed on the Catalog page in BMC Digital Workplace:
The following is an example of the customized Browse categories label:
To change the name of the My Stuff tab
- Click the My Stuff tab.
- From the My Stuff Tab Name Locale field, select the locale for which you are updating the label.
- In the My Stuff Tab Name field, enter a new name.
- Click Save.
The following example shows the My Stuff tab with a new name:
To change the names of the global search filters and the default text displayed for the global search
- Click the Global search tab.
From the Select locale list, select the locale for which you want to apply the changes.
In the Results filter tabs section, enter new values for the following fields:
- Filter name for Catalog items
- Filter name for Knowledge articles
- To change the default text displayed for the global search, in the Placeholder field, enter new text.
After you save the changes, end users of the selected locale can see the renamed tabs in their global search results page as follows:
After you save the changes, end users of the selected locale can see the customized text in the global search field of BMC Digital Workplace, as shown in the following illustration:
Where to go from here
To localize the names of the categories, see Localizing titles and messages.