Customizing the labels used in BMC Digital Workplace
BMC Digital Workplace enables you to customize the labels of items, such as buttons and tabs and default text that appears in your users' BMC Digital Workplace. For example, you can update the name of the Contact IT button.
To update the terminology
In the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console, select Configuration, and then click Label Customizations.
For each customization task, you must have the default locale value specified before you can add values for other locales.
Enter the text for the default locale and all locales that your users might use. The default text is shown on the user’s device if the device has no text defined for the locale or no specific locale has been selected. For example, users with a specified locale of English see the text for English. However, users with a specified locale of Hindi see the default text, because Hindi is not a supported locale. To see the list of all supported languages and locales, go to Supported languages and locales
Perform one or more of the following customization tasks:
Task Description Customization example To update the instructions for the Description field in the Appointment dialog box
- Click the Appointments tab.
- From the Description/Instructions locale field, select the locale for which you are updating the default text.
- In the Description/Instructions field, enter the instructions for your users.
- Click Save.
The following image shows an example of instructions that have been updated in the description field:
To change the labels of buttons on the Catalog tab
- Click the Catalog tab.
- From the Select Locale field, select the locale for which you are updating the labels.
- Enter the new labels for the following buttons:
- Contact IT button
- Click Save.
This entry changes the button names displayed on the Catalog page in BMC Digital Workplace
To change the name of the My Stuff tab
- Click the My Stuff tab.
- From the My Stuff Tab Name Locale field, select the locale for which you are updating the label.
- In the My Stuff Tab Name field, enter the new name.
- Click Save.
The following example shows the My Stuff tab with a new name:
To change the names of the Global search filters
- Click the Global search tab.
In the Select locale list, select the locale for which you want to rename the global search filters.
In the Results filter tabs section, enter new values for the following fields:
- Filter name for Catalog items
- Filter name for Knowledge articles
After you save the changes, end users can see the renamed tabs in their Global search results page as follows:
Where to go from here
To localize the names of the categories, see Localizing titles and messages.