Configuring after installation of BMC Digital Workplace
This section describes the tasks to be performed after installing BMC Digital Workplace. It includes the following topics:
- Configuring SSL for the Tomcat server — To provide communication security among applications, configure SSL for the Apache Tomcat server. If you enabled SSL as part of the installation, SSL is already configured.
- Configuring BMC Digital Workplace for Remedy Single Sign-On — BMC Remedy Single Sign-On authentication applies to browsers and mobile applications. When a user logs on to a mobile device, the user is prompted to enter the host name and port. If the server has SSO enabled, the mobile client opens a browser to the SSO login page. The SSO server sets the SSO cookies after authentication on to the device browser. When the user relaunches the application, if the cookies are not expired, the mobile client displays the application. If the cookies are expired, the
- Making configuration changes to integrated applications — You can change the settings that BMC_Digital_Workplace uses to connect to BMC Service Request Management, BMC Remedy IT Service Management, and BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System, dedicated to the BMC_Digital_Workplace application).
- Configuring multitenancy — The multitenancy feature provides the ability to segregate all data by operating company and customer company. This topic describes how to configure BMC_Digital_Workplace so that configuration data it provides is restricted to a specific tenant company.
- Modifying ports for BMC Digital Workplace — This topic provides instructions to change the BMC_Digital_Workplace server port after installation. You might need to change the ports if you did not specify an open port during installation, or if these ports are in use.
- Transferring data between environments — The Data Transfer tool, available with a BMC_Digital_Workplace installation is a set of multiple scripts that work in conjunction to export and import BMC_Digital_Workplace data between different BMC_Digital_Workplace environments.
- — BMC recommends that you use Full Text Search which is available by default.