Building enhanced service catalogs
Catalog administrators, internal service supplier administrators, and internal service suppliers populate the enhanced service catalog available in BMC Digital Workplace with the catalog items that originate from BMC Digital Workplace Catalog:
- Services (standalone services)
- Bundles (sets of services combined into one).
To get started with defining services, you create service catalog items on the Service Management page in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog as shown in the following image:
Before you begin
As a BMC Digital Workplace administrator, enable the enhanced catalog. For information about how to enable the enhanced catalog, see Enabling and configuring the enhanced catalog for BMC Digital Workplace.
To share a catalog item from BMC Digital Workplace Catalogto BMC Digital Workplace
- In BMC Digital Workplace Catalog, create and configure one or more of the following catalog items:
- Approve and publish the catalog item (see Approving and publishing services)
- Entitle the catalog item to service users (see Entitling end users to services, bundles, and banners)
When you fully define and publish the enhanced catalog items, they become available to entitled users on their Catalog tab in BMC Digital Workplaceas shown in the following image:
The enhanced catalog items look differently from other services on the Catalog tab. The enhanced catalog items have the following specific attributes:
- Custom icon
- Rating—a zero to five star value
- Label or price
- (Optional) Video link
- (Optional) SLA—the service provisioning time.