Enhanced service catalog process overview
This topic describes how service catalog items (services and bundles) are shared from BMC Digital Workplace Catalog to BMC Digital Workplace.
Services in the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog can be created in one of the following ways:
- Native services are added in the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog (see Adding and updating services for details),
- Third-party services are imported from a connected third-party external system (see Importing service catalog items for more details).
Before service catalog items are available to end users in BMC Digital Workplace, they following conditions must be met:
- Catalog items in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog must be approved and published—see Approving and publishing services for details
- Catalog items in BMC Digital Workplace Catalogmust be entitled to users—see Entitling end users to services, bundles, and banners for details
- The enhanced catalog in BMC Digital Workplace must be configured and enabled —see Enabling and configuring the enhanced catalog for BMC Digital Workplace.
The following diagram shows how enhanced service catalog in BMC Digital Workplaceis updated with the catalog service items from the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog: