Cost and quantity adjustments
As a service catalog administrator or internal service supplier, when you edit a service or a bundle, you can add pricing and cost adjustments together in one section. You can also set quantity range limits to allow users to request multiples of a service, multiples of a bundle, and multiples of individual services within bundles. By default, newly created services are free of charge.
You can adjust base cost, quantity, and offset cost for a service in the Cost & Quantity panel.
Default tenant currency
You can change the currency from the default USD to another standard currency code. In multitenant environments, the currency setting applies to a single tenant instance of BMC Digital Workplace Catalog. For information on how to set or change the tenant currency, see knowledge article 000120469 provided by BMC Support.
To change labels for a free service
By default, newly created services are free of charge, and the Pricing Model and Label value are Free by default. These services are displayed with no cost value.
You can add any meaningful label that categorizes a free of charge service. From the Label list select one of the following choices:
- Don't show label - no label is applied to a service
- Free - default label that cannot be modified or deleted
- One of the existing labels that were created for any service
- Add a new label by clicking Manage labels, and adding a new label name as follows:
You can also delete unnecessary labels in the Manage Labels dialog box by clicking X next to the labels that you want to delete.
If you try to delete a label that is being applied in any existing service, the system informs you. If you confirm the deletion, the default Free label will be added to the service.
The label that you add is available in the details of the service in BMC Digital Workplace client, and is displayed as follows:
For bundles that include only free services, the Free label is displayed by default, and it cannot be changed. For bundles that include at least one chargeable service, the label displays the automatically calculated and summed up price.
To adjust service price and cost
You can adjust price and cost for a service as follows:
- Set the one-time or recurring price of a service in the default currency. The system administrator sets the default currency at the tenant level.
- Add cost adjustments to offset costs, such as administrative charges and vendor rebates.
Save cost adjustment profiles for use when editing other items.
To adjust request quantity
Enable the user to request multiple quantities of a service:
- When editing a service, the option for the user to adjust the request quantity is enabled by default. You can set the minimum and maximum quantity of the service that the user can request.
- When you disable the option for the user to adjust the request quantity, the default service quantity is set at 1 request unit.
Enable the user to request multiple quantities of a bundle, and the option to enable the user to request multiple quantities of each service within the bundle:
- When editing a bundle, you can set the quantity range limit for the overall bundle. The option for the user to adjust the request quantity of each individual service is disabled by default.
- When you enable the option for the user to adjust the request quantity at the service level, then you can set the minimum and maximum quantity that the user can request of each of the services in the bundle.