This topic describes the BMC Digital Workplace licensing entitlements for the following products:
BMC Digital Workplace Basic
The BMC Digital Workplace Basic license entitles you to access the following features:
- General broadcasts
Additional functionality is available with BMC Digital Workplace Advanced.
Each BMC Digital Workplace user licensed add-on entitles a person to perform the same activities that the BMC Self-Service - User License Add-on entitles them to perform.
BMC Digital Workplace Advanced
The BMC Digital Workplace Advanced license entitles you to access the following features:
- Location and general broadcasts
- Service Health
- Digital Workplace Catalog (enhanced catalog)
- BMC Virtual Chat
BMC Action Request System Server
BMC Digital Workplace entitles a customer to create, modify, and read unlimited records in BMC Action Request System Server supporting deployment and use of BMC Digital Workplace use cases serving licensed BMC Digital Workplace users. Because the BMC Digital Workplace package includes zero dollar licenses, you may use these licenses only within the context of the solution provided. You cannot use the BMC Action Request System Server as a stand-alone product.
The context of this limitation is as follows:
- Remedy Action Request System (Remedy AR System) is supplied as a foundation component for deployment of BMC Digital Workplace. Use of Remedy AR System is limited to running the components within BMC Digital Workplace and implementing integrations with providers associated with delivering the BMC Digital Workplace solution.
- Three fixed user licenses are provided with Remedy AR System for performing Digital Workplace administrative tasks. Additional users may not be added until additional Remedy AR System application and user licenses are purchased.
- Remedy AR System may be integrated only with external data sources or third-party providers in conjunction with the BMC Digital Workplace product. It may not be used in a stand-alone configuration without integration with BMC Digital Workplace.
Actions that void the zero dollar licenses and require a full purchase of the components include but are not limited to:
Using the AR System server to customize, test, or run Remedy ITSM or third-party applications.
Using the AR System server to develop, test, or run a new custom application.
Using the three fixed users provided to power custom (bespoke) applications or other Remedy AR System powered applications, except BMC Digital Workplace.