Service Catalog Administrators can create and attach forms to services for the user to provide information when a service is requested. If the question is mapped to a process import, the user's response is passed through to the fulfillment system.
Question forms are specific to a service item and a workflow. When you change a service workflow, any links between questions and the former process inputs are broken and the new process inputs must be mapped.
Building a service questionnaire
- From the Service Options pane, click Questions to open the questions builder.
- Read more...
Available Questions shows:
- Process Questions: Questions that are associated with process inputs in the workflow attached to the service.
- User Generated Questions: Questions that have already been placed onto the canvas. A new canvas will not display any user generated questions.
Create Questions shows different field types that can be dragged onto the canvas.
If a workflow is attached to this service, the left pane shows process inputs from the workflow that can be mapped to a question field.
Setting conditional questions
You can show the user different questions based on the user's response to a previous question. Process questions cannot be used to offer choices. Only created questions can offer choices for the user to follow.
The following illustration shows the question Computer type being link to the response to the conditional question Operating system.
In the above example:
- Operating system is a created question that displays a single-select dropdown of three choices.
- Computer type is a process question that also displays a single-select dropdown of choices specific to the Microsoft Windows response.
- To link this Computer type question to show after Microsoft Windows is selected, click the of the Computer type question, then click the Microsoft Windows response.'