Reports and analysis of the enhanced service catalog
By using the Reports menu of BMC Digital Workplace Catalog, as a catalog administrator, you can view reports that provide real-time insights into service popularity, total cost, and supplier performance metrics based on the service level agreement (SLA). You can also filter service requests and view details of a selected service from the reports.
Internal service suppliers and service agents can see only the Service Requests report.
You can view the following reports onscreen in graphic format, or download them in CSV format:
This report shows data regarding the completed service requests and the average rating that you have received for the services. From this report, you can find out the following information:
- Service Requests column—How many times was a service requested.
- Completed Surveys column—How many satisfaction surveys were completed for this service.
- Reopen Requests column—How many times end users reopened the service.
- Average Rating column—How end users rated a service. The average rating for the service is calculated based on the end-user responses to the predefined Rating question in the survey.
From this report, you can also drill down to the associated Service Requests reports details by selecting a service and clicking View Requests.
(20.02.03 and later) To export the survey reports with survey questions and responses, select one or more reports from the list and click Export to CSV.
This report provides the total costs (currency or credit-based cost) of different services provided during a specific period.
Service Level Agreement
This report provides details such as the number of requests for different services and the provisioning time of SLAs.
This report shows general information about services over a selected period. From this report, you can find out the following information:
- Company column—What company the requester belongs to.
- Requested By column—Who the service requester is.
- Requested For column—Who the requested service is for.
- Request Id column—The Request ID of the service request.
- Order Id column—The Order ID of the service request.
- Rating column—How the end user rated the service.
- Status column—The status of the service request.
- Submitted Date column—When the service was requested.
You can sort all the columns except for the Status column. Depending on the database type used with BMC Digital Workplace Catalog, you might see the following issue (regardless of descending or ascending order): If you re-sort the Rating column, requests with no rating appear first in the list followed by requests with ratings.
To see details of a service request, double-click the table item (or select the item and then select Actions > Details). The Request Details panel displays the following additional request details:
Overview tab—The general details of the service request.
Click View process to view details for a Service Request that is closed or completed.
(20.02.03 and later) Click Restart process to restart a failed process. This option is not available for cases created in BMC Helix Business Workflows, fulfillment URLs, services that have external activities, and services that are parents in a dependent service that has child services in progress.
End users will see their request transition from the Fault to In Progress status in the My Activity tab. If your end users have configured their status updates and notifications, they will also be notified when this status change occurs.
The option to restart a service is not available in the following conditions:
- Services for which fulfillment is set to External Link are not shown in the reports and cannot be restarted.
- Services that are parents in a dependent service with child services in progress - For example, if an IoT Storage request is the child service and still in progress and the IoT Device request fails, it cannot be restarted. For more information, see Specifying dependent services.
- Service requests auto-created when a BMC Helix Business Workflows agent creates a case. For more information, see .
- Request Details tab—The responses of the end user while submitting a request.
- Survey Responses tab—The responses of the end user to the complex survey.
- Comments tab—The comments on a service request.
- Error Details tab—Error details if a service request failed.
This report provides the number of requests received for each service category with the percentage of increase or decrease as compared to the previous period.
CSV format is not available for the Service Trending report.