Building a custom page for end users
As a BMC Digital Workplace administrator, you can build a custom page to be displayed as a separate tab in BMC Digital Workplace. You can create your own navigation link with custom content such as catalog sections, catalog banners, and events sections.
Components for custom pages
The following table describes the available page components:
|Component example image
To create the custom page in BMC Digital Workplace
- Log in to the BMC Digital Workplace Administration Console, and navigate to Configuration > Page builder.
To edit the default page name, click next to the page name, and enter a new name.
To specify the page name in another language, click to enable Translation mode, and type a page name after you select an available supported language.
- Depending on your requirements, drag and drop the page components to build your own custom page.
Configure each component as follows:
Component How to configure Search bar The search bar does not have any configurable parameters. Events
Click displayed to the right of the events component, and then select whether to display active or past events for each events component.
- Drag the catalog section component onto the page preview editor
- Click displayed to the right of the catalog section element
- Select an available catalog section from the Content options list
The catalog sections created in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog are listed in the list of Content options. For details about how to create catalog sections, see Setting up sections in the Catalog.
You can design catalog sections to be displayed as columns, and add up to three columns that will be displayed as carousel sections. You can add large and small catalog sections in a row.
Note: Catalog sections added into columns are not displayed as columns on mobile devices.
Drag the catalog banner component onto the page preview editor, and click to select a banner.
You can select to display any banner created in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog. For details about how to create banners, see Creating promotional banners.
To preview the page that you have created, select one of the options available from the top-right of the screen:
- Full width desktop layout
- Tablet portal layout
- Mobile device layout
- To publish the changes to your end users, click Save & Publish.
Alternatively, click Save to save a draft of the changes.
After you create the custom page, you must enable it in BMC Digital Workplace.
To enable the custom page in BMC Digital Workplace
- Log in to the BMC Digital Workplace Admin Console, and navigate to Configuration > Application Features.
- Select the Custom Page (Page Builder) check box.
- (Optional) To make the custom page the default page displayed when an end user logs in to the BMC Digital Workplace end user console, select the Set as Landing Page radio button.