Configuring service connectors
You must configure the connection with any BMC Digital Workplace Catalog connector before you can use it for building workflows.
By default, the workflow designer includes available connector elements that you can use to build workflows. You can create multiple connections with connectors of the same type.
This topic describes how to create new connections and configure a connection for supported connectors.
Before you begin
- You must have an external system up and running before you can configure a connection with it. Review the External account requirements subtopic for any connector described in the Service connector capabilities section.
(Optional) To use connectors shipped with BMC Helix Integration Service, configure integration with BMC Digital Workplace Catalog with BMC Helix Integration Service as described in Integrating BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog with BMC Helix Integration Service topic.
To configure a connector
- Log in to BMC Digital Workplace Catalog as a catalog administrator.
- Navigate to Services > Connectors.
- To create a connection, click New Connection.
- In the Connection Name field, type a unique name.
From the Connector list, select a connector with which you want to establish the connection, and click Save.
The list of connectors includes the following connectors:
- All connectors shipped with BMC Digital Workplace Catalog
- All connectors enabled in BMC Helix Integration Service—only if the connection to BMC Helix Integration Service is configured
The connection is saved, but is not configured.
- Select the saved connector, and click Actions > Open.
Complete the configuration details, and click Save.
The configuration details that you need to provide are different for each connector.
The following illustration shows the steps for configuring integration with an Active Directory connector shipped with the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog.
The following illustration shows the steps for configuring integration with the JIRA connector shipped with the BMC Integration Service.
You can manage connections as needed. From the list of connections, select a connection, click Actions, and perform one of the following actions as needed:
- Open to edit the connection details
- Edit the connection name
- Delete the connection when it is no longer needed
- Test the connection
If you click Test Connection for a Remedy connector, the Connection Options pane provides additional validation and other messages.
Where to go from here
After you create or delete connections that use the Remedy connector or the CMDB connector, verify or set the default connections for ITSM functionality, as described in To set the default connections for ITSM functionality.
After you add connections, you can use them in a workflow, as described in Workflows for service fulfillment.