Approving users' business requests
BMC Digital Workplace provides access to services that your company offers. A unified catalog provides end users with a familiar online ordering experience for requesting business services. This topic describes the approval process for these business requests.
In the BMC Digital Workplace end user console, an approver can find the pending approval requests in the Active events section on the My Activity page, and in the bell notifications.
Users involved in the approval process
The following roles are involved in the approval process:
- Process administrators who set up and modify approvals
- Users who request approvals (requesters)
- Users who approve requests (approvers, alternate approvers, or reassigned approvers)
When an approver receives an approval request, the approver can approve or reject it. If the additional options are configured, approvers can also place a request on hold or reassign them.
When requesters and approvers are logged in to BMC Digital Workplace, they are notified of changes to all types of approval requests. The approval configuration applies to your entire organization, and you cannot set preferences for individual users. In a multitenant environment, you can have separate configurations for each tenant.
If you have a BMC Digital Workplace server cluster, you must configure one server as the master server. Notifications are sent by the master server. To configure the master server, in the connect-dwp.properties file on that server, set master.server to true.
Types of requests that can be approved
BMC Digital Workplace supports setting up approvals for requests from the following integrated applications:
- BMC Remedy IT Service Management
BMC HR Case Management
- BMC Digital Workplace Catalog
BMC Helix Business Workflows
For requests from BMC Helix Business Workflows, questions and answers are shown in approval details only if the request was created through a BMC Digital Workplace Catalog request flow.
Approval request details
The approval request details display the following approval-specific information:
- Priority—Is not displayed if the request is Normal, and is displayed if the request is Low or Urgent.
- Approve button
- Reject button
- On Hold button—Is shown if the administrator enables the on hold functionality. For information about how to enable the On Hold button, see Enabling users to put approvals on hold.
- Reassign button—Is shown if the administrator enables the reassign functionality. The reassign functionality is not available for alternate approvers. For more details about reassigning approvals, see Reassigning approvals to other users.
The following video (4:14) shows how to approve business requests.