Granting access to subcatalogs in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog
Catalog administrators create subcatalogs to entitle internal suppliers and internal supplier administrators to a subset of a BMC Digital Workplace Catalog.
To create a subcatalog
- In the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog console, select Catalog > Sub-catalogs.
- Click Create sub-catalog.
- In the Name field, enter a subcatalog name, and then click Confirm.
- In the Sub-catalog Options section, add one or more of the following items to the subcatalog:
- Services and bundles
- Service actions
- Perform one or more of the following steps to assign users who will manage the subcatalog:
- To assign internal service supplier administrators for the subcatalog, click Add next to the Administrators, select one or more users, and then click Add.
- To assign internal service suppliers for the subcatalog, click Add next to the Internal Suppliers, select one or more users, and then click Add.
You can add only those users to a subcatalog who have the sbe-myit-users permission.
You can assign a user as an internal service supplier or an internal service supplier administrator only to one subcatalog.
In addition to services, bundles, and service actions, subcatalogs share virtual marketplaces and banners that were defined by one of the following methods:
- Created by a catalog administrator and assigned to this subcatalog
- Added by users who are assigned as internal suppliers or internal supplier administrators of this subcatalog.
You cannot associate virtual marketplaces and banners with subcatalogs by using the Sub-catalog Options panel.
You can add virtual marketplaces to subcatalogs only when you create virtual marketpaces. You can banners to subcatalogs only when you create banners.