Enabling credit management
As a catalog administrator, you enable credit based pricing system to enable credit management for your company customers. You can enable credit management only if your BMC Digital Workplace Catalog has the Managed Service Provider (MSP) mode enabled.
For more information about the credit management in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog, see Credit management for managed service providers.
Before you begin
You must have MSP mode enabled for BMC Digital Workplace Catalog. For information about how to enable the MSP mode, see Managing customers.
Enable this feature only if you performed a fresh installation of BMC Digital Workplace Catalog. Do not enable this feature if you are upgrading from a previous version.
Credit management enablement important considerations
Before enabling credit management, take into account the following considerations:
- When you enable the credit based pricing system, all chargeable services in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog become free.
- After importing chargeable services through a connector, the price value is not saved and the services become free of charge.
- After importing chargeable services via zip file:
- If you import a file exported before the credit management system has been enabled, the price value is not saved and a service becomes free of charge.
- If you import a service exported after the credit management system has been enabled, the price value is saved.
To enable credit-based system
- Log in to BMC Digital Workplace Catalog as a catalog administrator.
- Click the configuration gear ( ).
- Select Currency.
Use the Credit System toggle key to switch credit system to ON.
When you enable the credit based pricing system, all chargeable services in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog will become free.
If it is important for you to keep the values for the previous prices, you must manually revisit all price-based services, and record the price values manually (for example, in any text editor or Excel document). There is no option to do a back up of service prices.
- Select the I understand all existing cost data will be lost check box, and then click Confirm.
- Click Close, and then click Save.
After you have changed the currency-based system to the credit-based system, you must manually revisit all services, and set credit-based prices for them.
Disabling the credit based pricing system
You can disable the credit based pricing system the same way as you enable it.
Existing credit-based price data will be permanently removed from all catalog services. These items will be marked as "Free" until price-based cost is configured.
Where to go from here
When you have enabled the credit based pricing system, you must set up the credit balance for all customers that you have. See Managing the credit balance for information about how to set up the credit balance.