Configuring search for enhanced catalog items in BMC Digital Workplace
This topic describes how to configure search for enhanced catalog items in BMC Digital Workplace.
To configure multi-word search for enhanced catalog items in BMC Digital Workplace
Multi-word search relies on the full-text search (FTS) capabilities of the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog platform. Configuring a multi-word search for enhanced catalog items in BMC Digital Workplace includes the following tasks:
To configure BMC Digital Workplace Catalog to support multi-word search
You must have BMC Digital Workplace Catalog of version 3.3.02 and later.
- Open the Remedy Mid Tier that is configured for the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog server.
- Go to AR System Administration > Common Server Configuration > General > FTS Configuration.
- Enable the FTS Agent.
- Go to AR System Administration Console > Common Server Configuration > General > Server Information.
- On the Log Files tab, enable Full Text Index Log.
- On the FTS tab, apply the following settings:
- Clear the Disable Full Text Searching check box.
- Set Case to Insensitive.
- Select the Reindex check box.
- In the Multi-Form Full Text Search section of the FTS tab, assign weight values to set the relative importance of the various fields in the search criteria, for example:
- For the Title and Version fields, enter a value in the Title Field Weight field.
- For the Description field, enter a value in the Environment Field Weight field.
- For the Tags field, enter a value in the Keyword Field Weight field.
In the preceding screenshot, the Environment Field Weight is set as the base measurement (1.000000), Keywords Field Weight is twice as important as the base, and Title Field Weight is considered four times as important as the base. Search terms that appear in fields with a higher weighting are granted a higher score than terms in fields with a lower weighting.
Save and apply the changes.
You can trigger the reindexing operation if you save with the Reindex check box selected. The Reindex check box is cleared when you click Apply or OK.
To configure BMC Digital Workplace to support multi-word search
- On the server where BMC Digital Workplace is installed, go to the tomcatDirectory/external-conf/ directory.
Open the connect-dwp.properties file, and add the following row:
- Save the changes and then restart the Tomcat server.
To enable search for service requests by submitted responses
Catalog administrators configure search for service requests by submitted responses, so that end users can search for their service requests from the My Activity and News Feed tabs in the BMC Digital Workplace end user console.
- Log in to BMC Digital Workplace Catalog as a catalog administrator.
- Click the configuration gear ( ) to open the Application Settings.
- Toggle the Search user request responses to ON.
To enable search by service request answers for enhanced services that are built on SRDs imported from BMC Service Request Management, the BMC Digital Workplace administrator must enable the search.by.answer.enabled setting in the BMC Digital Workplace Admin console by selecting Configuration > SRM Pluggable Provider.