Setting services and bundles to unrequestable
You can set services and bundles to unrequestable to prevent end users from requesting these services and bundles. You might need this feature when a service or a bundle is undergoing changes, and you plan to make it available at a future time.
To set a service or bundle to unrequestable
- In the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog, open a service for editing (see Adding and updating services for details how to open and edit a service).
- Select the Unrequestable check box in the Service Options panel.
When a service or bundle is set to Unrequestable in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog, it cannot be requested in BMC Digital Workplace client console, and the Add to Cart and Request Now buttons are not displayed in the details for that service.
The following message is displayed when the end user opens an unavailable service:
The following message is displayed when the end user opens an unavailable bundle:
To filter unrequestable bundles and services
- Open the Service Management > Revision History.
- Click Filter, and select the Unrequestable status.
The list of unrequestable services and bundles is displayed.
Unrequestable services required in bundles
Setting a service to Unrequestable in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog affects all published bundles that include this service as follows:
- If the service is set to Required in the bundle, the associated bundles become unavailable .
- If the service is not set to Required in the bundle, the associated bundle is available, but the unavailable service in the bundle is not added to the request, and the following message is displayed:
To make a bundle available for the request, make all services required in this bundle requestable again, and set the bundle to requestable again.