This topic helps you gather the kinds of information that you can collect prior to your implementation to allow for a smooth start. Use the attached spreadsheet to help gather:
- Sizing information that can help you plan your deployment
- Implementation decisions that can help you choose uses cases and plan how to implement them
- Data requirements for information and images that the BMC Digital Workplace administrator can upload
To size your deployment
To choose use cases and plan implementation
To learn about the use cases, see Use cases. For additional considerations and to plan implementation, use the Implementation decisions tab of the planning spreadsheet to consider:
- Services information for assistance and health capabilities -BMC Digital Workplace administrators can define the services to make available for interaction by BMC Digital Workplace users.
- Assistance information -BMC Digital Workplace end users can use the client application to request services and to use knowledge from the Catalog.
Schedule appointment information - When setting up staff availability calendars, you need to know how many of your staff will be available on a given day, so that users of BMC Digital Workplace can see when appointment slots are available to them.
Location information - So that BMC Digital Workplace users can easily find sites in an unfamiliar city and view floor maps and assets when they arrive, you can add accurate, up-to-date information to BMC Digital Workplace.
Use the End user information section of the Implementation decisions tab of the planning spreadsheet to plan the following:
- How to provide accounts for business users
- Whether to roll out the mobile applications as part of your deployment
- How much you might want to customize the interface
To plan to load data to BMC Digital Workplace
Use the Data requirements tab of the planning spreadsheet to plan:
- Which assets to bring into BMC Digital Workplace
- Which images to bring into BMC Digital Workplace
Which location information (both sites and site maps) to bring into BMC Digital Workplace.
For more information on using logo images and background images to rebrand:
- Apple iOS - Rebranding the Apple iOS client.
- Universal Client (desktop web browser) - Rebranding the Universal Client.
For more information on enabling a maps license, see Enabling a maps license.