Granting access to subcatalogs in BMC Digital Workplace Catalog
Catalog administrators create subcatalogs to entitle internal suppliers and internal supplier administrators to a subset of a BMC Digital Workplace Catalog.
To create a subcatalog
- In the BMC Digital Workplace Catalog console, go to Catalog > Sub-catalogs.
- Click New catalog.
- In the Name field, enter a subcatalog name, and click Confirm.
- In the Sub-catalog Options section, add services, bundles, and service actions to this subcatalog:
To provide access to the subcatalog, in the User Roles section, do the following steps:
- To assign internal service supplier administrators for the subcatalog, click Add next to the Administrators, select one or more users, and then click Add.
- To assign internal service suppliers for the subcatalog, click Add next to the Internal Suppliers, select one or more users, and then click Add.
You can add only those users to a subcatalog who have the sbe-myit-users permission.
You can assign a user as an internal service supplier or an internal service supplier administrator to only one subcatalog.
In addition to services, bundles, and service actions, subcatalogs share virtual marketplaces and banners that were defined by one of the following methods:
- Created by a catalog administrator and assigned to this subcatalog
- Added by users who are assigned as internal suppliers or internal supplier administrators of this subcatalog.