Sizing and scalability considerations
This topic provides BMC recommendations for planning your BMC MyIT Service Broker deployment:
MyIT Service Broker server
A typical server configuration consists of the following:
- 4 CPU core
- 16 GB RAM
- 100 GB HDD
The application platform requires a database in one of the following configurations:
- Oracle 11.2.04+
- UNICODE, UTF-8 character set
- SID name 8-characters or fewer, case-insensitive
- Service name supported in Oracle RAC environments linked through a Single Client Access Name service.
For more information, see the following resources on the Oracle website:
- MS SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2014 R2
Application and database hardware sizing
Proof of concept (POC)
These sizing estimates should be used as a starting point. You should conduct benchmarks in your environment, because sizing will vary depending on the specific workload mix, data volumes, and data composition.
See note on Sizing and scalability in Multi-user workload test results.
MyIT Service Broker can be run in a server group for high availability (HA) using a load balancer.
- All MyIT Service Broker servers in a server group can provide catalog items to MyIT.
- Only one MyIT Service Broker server can be used to manage the service catalog.
For instructions on setting up a server group, see Configuring MyIT Service Broker for high availability.