Embedding subprocess workflows
The Sub Process element enables you to organize complex workflows by grouping process steps together to treat as a single element.
To create a subprocess workflow
- Drag the Sub Process element onto the canvas.
- Double click the Sub Process element to open it. Drag to expand the element further if you need more room.
- Drag elements to design the subprocess. The Start and End elements are already provided.
- Double click the subprocess to close it. This enables you to treat the subprocess as a single activity.
When a Sub Processe element is moved anywhere on the canvas, the subprocess it contains move with it, even if the element is open.
- Draw sequence flows from other elements to add one input to and one output from the Sub Process element.
- (Optional) Map input parameters to the subprocess if any of the elements it contains require inputs.