This section provides information about what is new or changed in this space, including urgent issues, documentation updates, service packs, and patches.
To be notified of changes to this space, place a watch on this page .
The MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 release includes the following enhancements:
Service catalog management enhancements
Additional administrative user role
MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 introduces a new administrative role, the internal service supplier. The internal service supplier can perform the duties related to managing and publishing services, defining workflows and questions, and entitlements, but not the administrative duties related to configuring service.
Service request status review for tracing and troubleshooting
In the MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 release, service catalog administrators can review service requests made from MyIT 3.3.00 within a user-selected date range. The Service Requests page shows the details of the request to help users to trace the status and troubleshoot failed requests.
For more information, see Reviewing service request status.
Updated virtual marketplaces for entitlements
MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 provides an updated entitlements system to enable the following:
- All administrators can add published banners as well as published services to virtual marketplaces to control which users are able to view which promotions.
- All administrators can delete virtual marketplaces to remove an entitlement grouping.
- Service catalog administrators and internal service suppliers can select a user to view the services across all virtual marketplaces that the user has been entitled to request.
For more information, see Entitling users through virtual marketplaces.
Ability to import categories from external systems
MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 can import categories from the same systems that you are using as the source of service items you are importing.
For more information, see Service categories.
Promotional banner support
MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 supports uploading and configuring banners that you can use to inform MyIT users of upcoming events or direct users to request a specific service.
For more information, see Promotional banners.
Enhancements to workflow and questionnaire management
Combined workflows and associated questions interface
In the MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 release, a single process fulfillment workflow can be mapped to one or more question forms. Service catalog administrators and internal service suppliers can create a universal workflow to process requests the same way, and attach different questionnaires to show service-specific labels to the MyIT user.
For more information, see Service questionnaires.
Updated drag and drop workflow designer
MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 includes an updated workflow designer interface that provides the following updates:
- Cleaner, and more responsive user interface.
- A visual expression builder for entering parameter values.
- A drag and drop interface for adding parameters to expressions.
- New capability to delete workflows, with a warning if the workflow being deleted is currently attached to a published service revision.
For more information, see Workflows.
Lookup type question lists field options using a query
New Lookup type question can be used to search a Remedy IT Service Management form with a query qualification and present a list of values to the MyIT user.
For more information, see the in-app help.
Additional system integration connectors
This release adds the following service connectors to integrate with existing systems:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon AWS
- Citrix Storefront and XenMobile
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator
- BMC Client Management
For more information, see Installed service connectors.
Patch 1 for version 3.3.00 updates
Patch 1 for version 3.3.00 includes the following updates:
Installing and upgrading
Patch 1 improves the installation experience:
- Removes the requirement for a large /tmp folder allocation by extracting the installer resource files at the same time as the installation package.
- Allows for installing the application into precreated database tables.
- Supports high availability server cluster installation with a new
BMC_AR_SERVER_ROLEparameter in the options.txt file.
Password security enhanced
Patch 1 contains a platform update to enforce password security. Passwords must meet the following minimum conditions:
- 8 to 30 characters in length
- Upper case letters
- Lower case letters
- Numeric characters
- Special characters from the list ~!@#$%^&*_-
After running the post-installation scripts to create a tenant, the following user is created:
- Login name: hannah_admin@<domain.com>
- Password: Passw0rd! (the 0 is a zero)
Issues when importing an exported zip file have been resolved.
Patch 1 extends the service bundling experience:
- When creating a bundle, the administrator may toggle optional items on or off.
- Expanded documentation for creating simple bundles and bundles with custom workflows. See Service bundles.
General product issues
For information about issues that were corrected in this patch, see Known and corrected issues.
Context-sensitive embedded help available
Our embedded in-app help has gone through a complete overhaul.Learn to use the features of MyIT Service Broker with step by step guidance. Be sure to tell us what you think.
Get started today
Contact your BMC account representative to realize the benefits of MyIT Service Broker at the core of your digital enterprise transformation.