3.3.00.001: Patch 1 for version 3.3.00
This topic contains information about fixes and updates in Patch 1 (product version 3.3.00.001), and provides instructions for downloading and installing the patch.
For information about issues corrected in this patch, see Known and corrected issues.
Patch 1 for MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00 includes various fixes for product issues.
Installing and upgrading
Patch 1 improves the installation experience:
- Removes the requirement for a large /tmp folder allocation by extracting the installer resource files at the same time as the installation package.
- Allows for installing the application into precreated database tables.
- Supports high availability server cluster installation with a new
BMC_AR_SERVER_ROLEparameter in the options.txt file.
Password security enhanced
Patch 1 contains a platform update to enforce password security. Passwords must meet the following minimum conditions:
- 8 to 30 characters in length
- Upper case letters
- Lower case letters
- Numeric characters
- Special characters from the list ~!@#$%^&*_-
After running the post-installation scripts to create a tenant, the following user is created:
- Login name: hannah_admin@<domain.com>
- Password: Passw0rd! (the 0 is a zero)
Issues when importing an exported zip file have been resolved.
Patch 1 extends the service bundling experience:
- When creating a bundle, the administrator may toggle optional items on or off.
- Expanded documentation for creating simple bundles and bundles with custom workflows. See Service bundles.
General product issues
For information about issues that were corrected in this patch, see Known and corrected issues.
Downloading the patch
Patch 1 for version 3.3.00 includes the following installers, which you can download from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website:
- MyIT Service Broker 3.3.00.001 full installer
- Integration patch for Remedy IT Service Management (Linux)
- Integration patch for Remedy IT Service Management (Windows)
For full download instructions, see Downloading the installation files.
Installing the patch as a fresh product installation
The download file for patch 1 can be used to install a full application. Follow the instructions in Installing.
Upgrading to the patch
To upgrade from release 3.3.00 or later
You can upgrade to this patch from 3.3.00 or later version, including hotfixes.
Some parameters in the options.txt file have been removed from to streamline the installation and upgrading process.
Do not add missing parameters when you copy the values from the options.txt used in the original installation.
Enter the following values to set upgrade mode:
-J BMC_DATABASE_OPTION= (leave blank)
To upgrade from release 3.2
You cannot upgrade in place from an earlier release. If you are an existing user of MyIT Service Broker 3.2 or earlier, contact BMC Support to request technical assistance with migrating your existing data into the latest release.
For more information, see Upgrading.