Scheduling ad hoc reports and views
You can schedule a report so that the report is created at a specified time interval. You can also specify the delivery mechanism for a scheduled report. For example, you can send a report through email at a scheduled interval, or you can schedule a report to be saved at a specific location on the reports server. You can also schedule report views to display the report only for a specific tenant.
To schedule an ad hoc report and report view
- Navigate to the folder in which you have saved the report or report view.
- Click the Schedule icon next to the report or report view.
- Under the Frequency section, set the required scheduling interval in days, weeks, months, or set the schedule to be trigger-based.
- In the Start and End fields, specify the period for which you want the report or report view to be saved.
- Under the Options section, select Override the default values to display the options and choose formats and delivery options, as follows:
- Under Formats, select the required format for the report or report view output.
Under Delivery, select the delivery method.
For example, the Save to the file system option enables you to save the scheduled report or report view to a location on the reports server.
The Save to the file system option appears only when you specify the location where you want to save the report or report view. For more information, see Specifying the output file location.
- Under the Prompt values section, select the Override the default values option.
- Click Set.
You are prompted to choose the tenant for which you want to schedule the report or report view.
- Select the tenant and click Finish.
- Click OK.
For more information about scheduling the report output to be saved at a location on the reports server, see Specifying the output file location and Scheduling the report to save the output to the file location.