Moving database instance from one server to another
This topic provides information about how to change the database connection information on the reports server when the database instance moves from one server to another. You might need to move your instance in case of database crash.
Before you begin
Before you start moving the database instance, ensure that you meet the following requirements:
- Restore the backup copies of the portal database and reports data warehouse and use the restored databases while using the postinstallation reconfiguration wizard.
- (Microsoft SQL Server only) Ensure that you have permission to create a database link between BMC Decision Support for Server Automation and BMC Server Automation.
To update the database connection information
- Launch the
- MultiExcerpt named 'Product_Name' was not found
- Click Configuration > Database Details.
- In the Database Details section, click Reconfigure.
- Provide information on the Database Prerequisites tab (see (Oracle) Database Prerequisites tab or (SQL Server) Database Prerequisites tab).
- If you have already set up the database, select the check box and skip to step 6.
- If you have not created the users and tablespaces, click the Download Database Scripts button to download the script and go to step 5.
- Set up the database:
- If you are using Oracle, create users and tablespaces by using the script and start the configuration process again. For instructions for creating users and tablespaces, see Setting up the Oracle database.
- If you are using SQL Server, create users and databases by using the script and start the configuration process again. For instructions for creating users and databases, see Setting up the SQL Server database.
- Click Next.
- Provide information on the ETL Master Repository tab, and click Next.
Provide information on the Warehouse Database tab, and click Next.
Enter details of the restored reports data warehouse.
- Provide information on the ETL Work Repository tab, and click Next.
Provide information on the Portal Database tab, and click Next.
Enter details of the restored portal database.
- Click Finish.
The Last Task Details page lists the tasks that are run during the reconfiguration process and their status.