Creating a simple Audit list report using an out-of-the-box template
If you want your custom list report to have the same look and feel as the built-in reports that are included with the product, use the BMC-Corporate-List_Portrait template.
The following example demonstrates how to create an Audit report that lists the total differences for target servers for Audit Job runs on different objects.
|Domain||Report name||Features used|
|Audit||Audit differences for objects|
To create a simple Audit list report
- Launch Report Studio from the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation portal.
- Select a package (for example, BladeLogic) from the list of available packages.
- In the Welcome window, click Create a new report or template.
- Select the BMC-Corporate-List_Portrait report type and click OK.
- In the Report Studio window, ignore the error and click OK.
- In the report title and body, delete the
The Component is not loadedmessage.
- If the Insertable Objects pane does not display the domain folders, right-click in the pane and select Refresh.
- In the Insertable Objects pane, open the Audit folder, and drag the following objects to the right pane:
- Audit Target Component/Target Server Name
- Audit Job/Job Run Start Time
- Audit Summary/Object Type
- Audit Summary/Total Differences
- In the right pane, select the Target Server Name column and click Group / Ungroup on the toolbar.
- Change the title of the report as required.
- To run the report, click Run Report on the toolbar.
- Save the report.
The following figure shows a sample report, which is created by using the preceding steps: