Configuring after upgrade
This topic describes the tasks that you need to perform after upgrading BMC Decision Support for Server Automation.
Complete the following tasks after you upgrade.
- The authentication configuration settings are removed during upgrades. If you have implemented an authentication mechanism (other than SRP) before upgrade, implement it again.
- If you have upgraded on a discontinued operating system, import your custom reports that you exported before starting the upgrade process.
You can import custom reports by using the import utility available in Content Administration in IBM Cognos Administration (see IBM Cognos Administration and Security Guide at PDFs).
Back up the recently installed configuration files and ensure they are not in the same directory.
If you made any custom configuration change in any of the customized files (described in the Backing up your files section on the Preparing for upgrade page) then merge those changes into recently installed configuration files.
For Inventory reporting, install the templates included with the Content Installer (if applicable).
For more information, see Installing Inventory templates and other scripts.
- Ensure that you have upgraded to one of the following BMC Server Automation versions that are supported with the current version of BMC Decision Support for Server Automation:
BMC Decision Support for Server Automation version BMC Server Automation version 8.6.01
- 8.5 SP1 Patches
- 8.5 SP1
- 8.5 Patches
- 8.5 Patch 1
Run the extract, transform, and load (ETL) process to transfer data from all sites to the reports data warehouse.
- If you do not run ETL after upgrade, you cannot log on to the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation portal and view reports.
- By default, you cannot see data for the following assets in the Inventory reports. To see the data, enable the assets after the first ETL run.
- File System
- .NET Assemblies
- (Optional and for Oracle only) If you want to run the Health Dashboard and you have not provided the following permissions to the data warehouse user before upgrade, follow these steps:
- Provide these permissions to the data warehouse user:
GRANT SELECT ON dba_data_files TO datawarehouseUser;
GRANT SELECT ON dba_free_space TO datawarehouseUser;
- Compile the V_DB_SIZE view using the following command:
Alter view V_DB_SIZE compile;