Changing the password for the BDSAdmin user ID
You can change password for the BDSAdmin user ID that you provided during installation by editing the bds.properties file.
To change the password for the BDSAdmin user ID
- From the command line on the reports server, navigate to the following directory:
- (Windows) BDSSAInstallationDirectory\bin
- (UNIX) BDSSAInstallationDirectory/bin
- Run the following command to encode the new console password:
(Windows) blenc newPassword
(UNIX) blenc.sh newPassword
- Copy the output of the
- From your computer console, navigate to the bds.properties file located in the BDSSAInstallationDirectory/shared/ConfigurationManagement directory.
- Open the bds.properties file with a text editor.
- Search for the
- Replace the value of this parameter with the output of the
- Save the bds.properties file.