Running the installer in silent mode for upgrades
This topic describes how to upgrade the product silently.
Before you begin
- Ensure that you have met all of the system requirements.
- Ensure that you have reviewed the information in the following topics:
- Verify that you have backed up the BMC Decision Support – Network Automation environment as described in Preparing for upgrade.
- Verify that the Microsoft Windows Task Scheduler is running.
- Verify that all servers in your deployment are accessible to each other and that related services are running.
- Ensure that you have created the necessary options.txt files for the product.
To run the installer in the silent mode
Navigate to the directory that contains the installation program.
- From the command line, execute one of the following commands to start the installation program in silent mode.
When you specify the options.txt file name, specify the full path to the file; do not specify a path that is relative to the installation program.
setup.exe -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE=c:\path\to\options.txt
After you upgrade to version 8.9.02 or later
If you have upgraded to version 8.9.02 or later, run the Content Deployment utility to access the reports.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you