Creating PostgreSQL databases and setting up the database server
For information about the databases supported for use with BMC Decision Support – Network Automation, see System requirements.
While setting up the three databases described in these instructions, record the database parameter values in the ETL Database Configuration row of the Installation worksheet. You are prompted for the database parameter values during the BMC Decision Support – Network Automation installation.
To create the PostgreSQL databases
- On the database server, create the following databases:
- BCAN_ETL_WORK for the ETL work repository
- BCAN_ETL_MASTER for the ETL master repository
BCAN_DWH for the data warehouse
Do not create these databases on a BMC Network Automation embedded PostgreSQL server. Databases created on an embedded PostgreSQL server are not maintained (backed up or upgraded) during product upgrades.
If the databases must reside on an embedded PosgreSQL server, you must back up the three databases before upgrading BMC Network Automation, and restore them after the upgrade is completed. Complete this back up and restore process before upgrading BMC Decision Support – Network Automation.
- The user who connects to these databases during the installation must have complete control of the databases. Grant the user the following permissions:
- create tables
- create views
- create functions
- create stored procedures
- Verify that the user can log on to the databases and perform these actions.
To verify the database server setup
Before beginning the installation, verify that the database server has enough space and meets the following requirements:
- The database server must be accessible from the reporting and application servers in your deployment.
- The HBA.config file must be configured correctly to have access to the servers used in your deployment.
- Ensure that the drivers used by the BusinessObjects Business Intelligence server are compatible with your database setup (see Setting up the reporting server).
- Ensure that there are no port conflicts.