BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation
BMC Network Automation is a leading platform for the management, control, and enforcement of configuration changes for network devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and load-balancers.
As part of the BMC BladeLogic Automation Suite 8.9, the BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation solution increases the efficiency of enforcing operational, security, best practices, and regulatory compliance.
BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation is a solution that increases the value of BMC Network Automation. This solution provides an easy to implement integration with BMC Remedy ITSM applications and the BMC Atrium CMDB enabling an automated coordination of configuration management processes with other Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes.
BMC Atrium Orchestrator automates the interaction of BMC Network Automation with BMC Remedy ITSM incident ticketing and change control processes. Flexible and customizable BMC Remedy ITSM workflows extend the capabilities of BMC Network Automation enabling the delivery of improved change control process and compliance, together with increased staff productivity.
When you implement the BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation solution, you can execute the following workflows:
- Closed-loop compliance for network configuration policies
- Remedy Service Desk-initiated changes
- Operator-initiated changes
- Compliance for changes made without prior approval
For descriptions of how to execute the workflows, see Executing continuous compliance for networks use cases.
The BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation solution provides to the enterprise these benefits:
- Lowers the cost, and increases the efficiency, of enforcing operational, security, best practices, and regulatory compliance.
- Provides time-saving and flexible workflows integrating BMC Network Automation with BMC Remedy ITSM change and incident management.
- Enables data center engineers, and help desk staff to devote their valuable time resources to providing other needed business services in the enterprise.
Integrating BMC Network Automation with BMC Remedy ITSM is accomplished through BMC Atrium Orchestrator and standard application interfaces (APIs).
Before you execute the use-cases, ensure that you have completed the following tasks :
- Enforce continuous compliance for networks to support the use cases.
- Configure BMC Atrium Orchestrator and BMC Remedy ITSM to work with BMC Network Automation and implement the BMC Continuous Compliance for Network Automation workflows.
For information about deployment, see Deployment use cases in the BMC Network Automation documentation.
Where to go from here
Execute the Continuous Compliance for Network use cases. For more information, see Executing continuous compliance for networks use cases.