Control-M for UiPath
UiPath performs robotic process automation (RPA), enabling you to automate repetitive digital tasks.
Control-M for UiPath enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any UiPath Robot service from a single computer with secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate UiPath jobs with other Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to UiPath, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, quantitative and control resources, and variables.
- Run 50 UiPath jobs simultaneously per Control-M/Agent.
Control-M for UiPath Compatibility
The following table lists the prerequisite that are required to use the UiPath plug-in, each with its minimum required version.
|Control-M Application Integrator||18.104.22.168|
|Control-M Automation API||22.214.171.124|
Control-M for UiPath is supported on Control-M Web and Control-M Automation API, but not on Control-M client.
To download the required installation files for each prerequisite, see Obtaining Control-M Installation Files.
Setting up Control-M for UiPath
This procedure describes how to deploy the UiPath plug-in, create a connection profile, and define a UiPath job in Control-M Web and Automation API.
NOTE: Integration plug-ins released by BMC require an Application Integrator installation at your site. However, these plug-ins are not editable and you cannot import them into Application Integrator. To deploy these integrations to your Control-M environment, you import them directly into Control-M using Control-M Automation API.
Before you Begin
Verify that Automation API is installed, as described in Automation API Installation.
Create a temporary directory to save the downloaded files.
Click http://www.bmc.com/available/epd and follow the instructions on the EPD site to download the UiPath plug-in, or go directly to the Control-M for UiPath download page.
- Deploy the UiPath job via Automation API, as described in deploy jobtype.
- Create an UiPath connection profile in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Web: Creating a Centralized Connection Profile with UiPath Connection Profile Parameters
- Automation API: ConnectionProfile:UiPath
- Define an UiPath job in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Web: Create a Job and then define specific UiPath parameters in UiPath Job parameters.
- Automation API: Job:UiPath
Log in or register to comment.