Control-M for Talend Data Management
Talend is an open source platform for data integration and data management.
Control-M for Talend Data Management enables you to do the following:
- Connect to any Talend platform from a single computer with secure login, which eliminates the need to provide authentication.
- Integrate Talend tasks or plans with Control-M jobs into a single scheduling environment.
- Monitor the status of Talend tasks and plans and view the results in the Monitoring domain.
- Attach an SLA job to your entire Talend Data Management platform.
- Introduce all Control-M capabilities to Talend, including advanced scheduling criteria, complex dependencies, quantitative and control resources, and variables.
- Run 50 Talend jobs simultaneously per Control-M/Agent.
Control-M for Talend Data Management Compatibility
The following table lists the prerequisites that are required to use the Talend plug-in, each with its minimum required version.
|Control-M Application Integrator||220.127.116.11|
|Control-M Automation API||18.104.22.168|
Control-M for Talend Data Management is supported on Control-M Web and Control-M Automation API, but not on Control-M client.
To download the required installation files for each prerequisite, see Obtaining Control-M Installation Files.
Setting up Control-M for Talend Data Management
This procedure describes how to deploy the Talend plug-in, create a connection profile, and define a Talend job in Control-M Web and Automation API.
NOTE: Integration plug-ins released by BMC require an Application Integrator installation at your site. However, these plug-ins are not editable and you cannot import them into Application Integrator. To deploy these integrations to your Control-M environment, you import them directly into Control-M using Control-M Automation API.
Before you Begin
Verify that Automation API is installed, as described in Automation API Installation.
Create a temporary directory to save the downloaded files.
Click http://www.bmc.com/available/epd and follow the instructions on the EPD site to download the Talend plug-in from the Control-M Integrations page, or go directly to the Control-M for Talend Data Management download page.
- Deploy the Talend job via Automation API, as described in deploy jobtype.
- Create a Talend connection profile in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Define a Talend job in Control-M Web or Automation API, as follows:
- Web: Create a Job and then define specific Talend parameters in Talend Job parameters.
- Automation API: Job:Talend Data Management
Log in or register to comment.